HAP Member Hospitals Recognized for Being Top Places to Work in Health Care
May 23, 2019
Pennsylvania’s hospitals share a mission to provide safe, effective, high-quality care to meet the health needs of all who come through their doors. Beyond their roles as providers of essential health care and leading advocates for improving the health of communities, Pennsylvania’s hospitals and health systems play a critical role in the state’s economy, driving economic growth, and creating jobs. In most Pennsylvania counties, hospitals are among the top five employers.
Becker's Healthcare released their "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare 2019" list, which highlights hospitals, health systems, and health care companies that promote diversity within the workforce, employee engagement, and professional growth.
HAP members hospitals that were recognized include:
- Geisinger Health System for its investment in their employees’ professional growth through their Employee Resource Groups
- Jefferson Health for its provision of tuition assistance for staff members, its corporate discounts for employees for computers and cell phone plans, and its non-discrimination staff training
- Lehigh Valley Health Network for its Live Where You Work and Colleague Relief Fund programs for employees, as well as its professional and personal development programs
- Penn Medicine for its home ownership services program for employees who need to finance a home, as well as its efforts to provide local discounts for fitness, entertainment and veterinary services; and for the employee wellness program
- UPMC Pinnacle for its efforts to offer employees flexible schedules, professional advancement, and access to an on-site retail pharmacy for discounted prescriptions and discounted child care services. UPMC Pinnacle also provides employees with a financial incentive program to buy homes in the city
HAP applauds these health care facilities for their efforts to be top work places.