South Central PA Opioid Awareness Coalition Launch
Dates: September 15, 2017 - 7:30 a.m.-11 a.m.
Location: The Central Hotel and Conference Center
Registration Deadline: September 07, 2017
Online registration for this program has closed. Please contact Susan Trace at (717) 544-3202, if you would like to register for this event.
Learn how South Central PA Hospitals and Health Systems are working together to reduce deaths from opioids and heroin.
The South Central PA Opioid Awareness Coalition was formed to bring together health systems, hospitals, behavioral health providers and pharmacists to address the opioid and heroin crisis through awareness, education and action.
Friday, September 15, 2017
7:30 a.m. Registration and breakfast
8:00 a.m. Introduction of the Coalition and Framing the Issue – The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of PA
8:15 a.m. Presentations on key initiatives across Health Systems (15 minutes each)
- Primary Care – Wellspan Health
- Medically Assisted Treatment- Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine
- Chronic Pain Management – Penn State Hershey S. Medical Center
- Mental Health/co-occurring – Memorial Hospital
- Pregnancy and newborns – Hanover Hospital
- Emergency Rooms – Pinnacle Health
- Hospitals (inpatient) – Summit Health
- Pharmacy – Lancaster County Pharmacists Association
- Panel Facilitation – Geisinger Holy Spirit
- Wrap-up – Alice Yoder, Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine
For questions or additional information, please contact Michelle Hargraves at email@example.com.